Are you struggling with hormonal imbalance but feel like you are hitting a wall when it comes to getting answers? Have you been wanting to get your hormone levels tested? Do you want to understand what is going on in your body so you can know what steps to take to start feeling better?
This streamlined program is an efficient and effective way to begin care at The Women’s Vitality Center prior to considering one of our annual memberships. You will get a comprehensive panel of lab testing to investigate the foundations of hormone balance, reviewed with you in a private 1:1 visit with one of our hormone health specialist Naturopathic Doctors.
Getting this in-depth analysis and expert strategy is the key to achieving hormone health and finally getting the answers you are seeking!
In our holistic approach to hormone balancing, we go beyond testing just one or two things, and we aim for optimal health instead of just relying on “normal” ranges. Our goal is for you to gain a deeper understanding of how your body works, insight about your hormone levels, clarity about what your body needs most right now, and confidence about how to take great care of yourself for hormone health now and in the long run.
This program is for you if…
- You want to learn more about what’s happening in your unique body RIGHT NOW and to understand the various foundations of health that may be specifically impacting your hormones.
- You are someone who is “generally healthy” but is dealing with perimenopause, menopause, PMS, stress and fatigue, burnout, insomnia, low libido, mood swings, unexplained weight gain, anxiety, skin issues, brain fog, hot flashes, or other annoying hormonal symptoms.
- Your diet and lifestyle changes aren’t making enough of a difference, and you want more insight through lab testing.
- You are curious about bioidentical hormones and want to get your hormone levels tested to help consider if that is the right path for you.
- Your regular doctor says your symptoms are “normal” because you’re a woman or because you’re getting older, but you don’t want to accept that!
- You’ve been offered antidepressants and birth control pills, but you prefer a more natural approach if possible.
This program may NOT BE FOR YOU if…
You have a more complex medical history, more severe symptoms, or need more customization, it would be best to instead start with our new patient Vitality Jumpstart where we have more time to dive deeper and can work with you more closely.
Based on helping thousands of other women+, Hormone Harmony Foundations gives you our most recommended lab testing for hormone balance and a customized holistic treatment plan so you can get back to feeling like your most vital self again!
In Hormone Harmony Foundations, you will get:
- Ordering of our pre-set panel of lab tests for adrenals, thyroid, blood sugar, and general wellness at reduced doctor-only pricing. (Fees for the tests are separate and are paid to the labs directly.)
- Optional ordering of additional urine testing for sex hormones (estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone) and their metabolites.
- Our recommended “Vital First Steps” and “TWVC Food Guide” to support you in building your hormone-balancing diet, lifestyle, and self-care habits.
- Pre-recorded audio training from our NDs on how to understand test results.
- Our Women’s Vitality Lab Tracking Spreadsheet, so you can compare to optimal ranges and track your progress over time.
- A private 1:1 visit with one of our hormone health specialist NDs where you will review your medical history and get a nuanced interpretation of your labs, an explanation of how your results relate to your current symptoms, and a customized treatment plan including diet and lifestyle suggestions, a herb and supplement plan, discussion of any Rx’s as a possible next step if needed, and a recommendation for how to monitor and/or retest your levels in the future.
Note: Your private ND visit is NOT for reviewing other past lab testing or other topics beyond what is covered in this program.
How do you know what hormones to test?
Over the last 19+ years of experience in women’s health and hormone balancing, we have found that stabilizing the foundations of adrenal health, thyroid function, blood sugar, and a few other health factors will address the majority of the most common symptoms that people come to us for. And working with these foundations first will usually create more balance for the sex hormones without needing to directly test or treat the sex hormones themselves.
That said, in some cases, it can be very useful to address the sex hormones directly, and that is why we offer this program with two different levels, one that does not include sex hormone testing and one that does.
NOTE: If you have irregular cycles or a more complex hormonal history, it can be important to carefully consider the type of testing (blood, urine, or saliva) as well as the timing of collection (eg timing in your cycle, timing of doses if on hormones) that is most appropriate.
In these cases, we suggest beginning with the basic Hormone Harmony Foundations program as a first step (without testing the sex hormones), or if you want a more individualized approach to deciding how and when to test your hormones, please consider our more customized new patient Vitality Jumpstart.
Not sure which program is right for you or have health concerns you’d like to discuss? Contact us HERE.
Hormone Harmony Foundations
plus ~300 for labs
- Pre-set labs + Consult
- up to 30 days
- Yes - screening blood tests and adrenal saliva test
- 1 visit (60min Lab Review)
- discussed, but Rx only ordered if continuing into annual membership
Hormone Harmony Foundations + Sex Hormones
plus ~500 for labs
- Pre-set labs + Consult
- up to 60 days
- Yes - screening blood test, adrenal saliva test and sex hormone testing
- 1 visit (90min Lab Review)
- discussed, but Rx only ordered if continuing into annual membership
lab fees vary
- Comprehensive personalized care
- 3 months
- Yes - Labs customized to your needs and priorities
- 3 visits (90min Kick Off & Intake, 60min Lab Review, 60min Progress Check)
- Yes - plus monitoring, tracking and adjusting over time
What happens after this program?
You may find that after this program, you have everything you need for hormone health, or you may choose to continue to have our support as your journey unfolds over time.
- We are a membership-based practice and do not offer single visits on an “as-needed” basis.
- This PDF about The Vital Woman annual membership options explains the different levels which can also be customized to best support you.
- At your ND visit, we will consider your needs and help you decide which membership level is the right fit going forward from there.
Exactly which lab tests will be ordered?
In the basic “Hormone Harmony Foundations” program, we will order:
1) Adrenal saliva test – kit drop shipped to you and collected at home
Cortisol x4 (to assess your pattern over a day) and DHEA
2) Comprehensive screening blood work – blood draw, at Quest Diagnostics
CBC, CMP, Lipid panel, HgbA1C, Insulin, cardioCRP, Vit D, Vit B12, Ferritin, and a comprehensive thyroid panel (TSH, free T4, free T3, reverse T3, TPO Ab and Thyroglobulin Ab)
In the “Hormone Harmony Foundations Plus Sex Hormones” program, we also order:
3) DUTCH dried urine test for Sex Hormones – kit drop shipped to you at home
Estrogen, Progesterone, Testosterone (and their downstream metabolites)
How much do the labs cost?
The program fee covers all of the services provided by TWVC during the stated time frame.
The labs and supplements are paid separately so that you can pay for only what you need. With the HHF program, if you are using our cash-pay lab portal, the cost of the labs will be approximately $300, and for the HHF Plus Sex Hormones program it will total approximately $500. (If you have PPO insurance and want to use that for the blood tests, the cost of the labs may be lower depending on your co-pays and deductibles.)
What about supplements?
Your hormonal imbalance treatment plan is customized to your needs, and if we do recommend supplements, you will receive a discount in our online store, where we give you access to trusted, effective, high-quality products.
Will I be able to get an Rx for bioidentical hormones or additional testing?
Yes! However, we will only be able to place orders for prescription-based bioidentical hormones or place orders for additional follow-up testing after you have renewed into an annual membership for ongoing care. We believe in being here to support you as your hormone health journey unfolds over time and can only safely order these if we know you will be able to have appropriate follow-up care.
Will my insurance/FSA/HSA cover this?
This PDF explains that you are responsible for the full fee, but we can provide a medically-coded invoice for the Naturopathic Doctor visit – so a portion of this may be reimbursable depending on your plan.
What if I live outside of California?
While we do offer visits by telemedicine, due to licensure requirements, our ND care is only available if you live in the state of California. If you live outside of CA, our online programs or private health coaching services may be a better fit. In fact, we have found that for most women, we can address at least 80% of your needs without an official doctor-patient relationship.
Hormone Harmony Foundations is a fantastic place to begin in order to stabilize your foundations and balance your hormones — so YOU can feel amazing.
Get started TODAY with the streamlined Hormone Harmony Foundations program. Choose the option that’s right for you or Contact Us with any questions.